sábado, 29 de novembro de 2008

James Graham Ballard



I would sum up my fear about the future in one word: boring. And that's my one fear: that everything has happened; nothing exciting or new or interesting is ever going to happen again ... the future is just going to be a vast, conforming suburb of the soul. interview (10/30/82) in Re/Search no. 8/9 (1984)


All over the world major museums have bowed to the influence of Disney and become theme parks in their own right. The past, whether Renaissance Italy or ancient Egypt, is reassimilated and homogenized into its most digestible form. Desperate for the new, but disappointed with anything but the familiar, we recolonise past and future. The same trend can be seen in personal relationships, in the way people are expected to package themselves, their emotions and sexuality in attractive and instantly appealing forms. notes to The Atrocity Exhibition (written 1967-69, annotated 1990



J. G. Ballard

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

I've been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i'm glad to express that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out exactly what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to don?t put out of your mind this site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

Here is my web blog mold testing ottawa